Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thing 19

I chose to have a look at lulu (the "Books" category winner). This is fascinating. I collect NZ science fiction which includes a number of self published books - I can see that lulu will increase the numbers of books to buy... in fact I have even found one on the site today. What is interesting about that is that it is not published in New Zealand - place of publication is one of the ways I find books for my collection. So I will have to watch for this in future and work out some more clever search strategies. Interesting for library purchasing strategies too - allows us to buy books on request and have them printed on demand. These will never be out of print so we don't have to buy them "just in case".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely a great tool for book readers! :) Glad you found soemthing you like!