Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thing 22

Creating a Netlibrary account was insanely difficult and has put me into a bit of a bad mood. It took me about 10 goes to find an unused username - and each time the software made me re-enter all my account details before taking ages to tell me I couldn't have the username. And it crashed completely three times. I also don't like the search engine. If it is a library, I should be able to browse books. But if this is possible then I can't work out how to do it (and yes I did read the help). So not a good start. And then we come to the problem of the reader. I don't want to read on a computer screen - I like to hold what I am reading in my hand. But the ebook readers are problematic. I quite fancied the Sony version but it is only available in the US. And it is expensive, as is the Kindle. And the wireless updating part of the Kindle sounds problematic for the NZ market as well. I could buy a suitable PDA but that is more expensive still. I think I will have to wait a bit longer before embracing the ebook.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good on you for hanging in there, the broadband network is shockingly slow at the moment